Department of Journalism:
• Member, APT Committee. Untenured, tenure-track faculty member. Work with committee members on routine, non-tenure assignments such as peer evaluations and resume review for possible hires. 2012. Reviewed re-appointments for five faculty members. Conducted classroom review for one faculty member.
• Member. Student Affairs Committee: Assessed scholarship awards and student applications. 2010
• Chair, Curriculum Committee. Journalism Department. Worked with committee to review Department of Journalism curriculum to upgrade courses and redesign scheme to address multimedia advancements in the profession. Worked with committee to develop new media workshops for SOC DOJ students and faculty. Fall 2008-present
• Member, Departmental Student Affairs Committee. 2008-2009
• Member, Howard Media Group. A scholarly collaborative formed by communications faculty at Howard University in 2009 who wanted to direct their research toward more active engagement with public communications policy. 2011-present
• Participated in the Hilltop Policy Board in the 2012
• Advisor for Social Media Club, 2009-2013
• An advisor for Howard University News Service. Worked on the upgrade from Black College View to HU News Service in 2008 in time for coverage of 2008 election.
• An advisor to 101 Magazine
• Worked with Department of Journalism colleagues to review and revise Appointment, Promotion and Tenure guidelines for department.
• Chair, Curriculum Committee. School of Communications.
• Howard Media Group. Member. Part of scholarly collaborative formed by communications faculty at Howard University who wanted to direct their research toward more active engagement with public communications policy. 2011-present. University:
• Social Media and Technology Conference and Workshop.
• Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications paper reviewer for the MAC division. 2011
• Editorial Review Board member. Journal of Social Media and Society, a Texas Social Media Research Institute Publication.
• Mellon Group. Continuing member of Mellon Interdisciplinary Group.
Professional/Community Service Professional Service
• Web strategist for Heart and Soul magazine.
• Social Media consultant for Soul of America black travel site.
• Lifetime member of New York Association of Black Journalists.
• Judge. City and Regional Magazine Association annual awards. 2010-2012
• Meeting with African NGO Leaders, April 9, arranged by the State Department.